Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Retuning to a "new" normal

It has (again) been  quite a while since I ventured into "blogland".  As mentioned in my "Beginnings and Endings"  series in January and February   (see  January 23 post)

I started this year by discovering that I needed "open heart" surgery.  At the same time I was dealing with the deaths of a number of people  close to me  continuing a " series of losses dating back to 2010.   One of the  series was titled  Every ending is a beginning.

After my  major surgery in February 2013, I was beginning a new phase of life of "learning to live with a "new" (repaired) heart. and it took until well into August before I was  "back to normal" (actually it's more like learning to live in the "new" normal" )  and it was my intent to do continue writing about that "new life" --

Well - intentions are just that and the doing doesn't always follow and I have NOT resumed my blogging (even though I made one  "false start"  in late June (see "Bouncing back (Slowly)"

 I can make the excuse that it took me until well into August  before I was able to take on the level of activity that I had previously  into  a "new" normal.

I also - because I was unable to get medical coverage to travel "out of country" - had to give up plans to travel to Ireland this fall so I took on a contract to teach a course in Systems Analysis  at Algoma University which has kept me fairly busy this fall.

I do want to get back to this. It helps me keep focused on "what's important" and not get to wrapped up in all the "busy work" that so easily fills my days.

I'm reminded of 2 verses as I write this


Ecclesiastes 12:13  ... Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

 (Figuring out what this means to me and living it  - That's what is important)

Hebrews 12:1 . ...    let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
 
(taking this out of context , I'm using it as an encouragement to "stick to it" and  continue  a regular posting discipline)

I took my turn at preaching a sermon this past Sunday - first time since December 9 2012    and I plan Lord willing to  post  this sermon "My "heart" story" vs. God's Heart story over the next  few days. We'll see were it goes from there.

God Bless
Charlie

No comments: